Sunday

THAT Family Tree Society-Issue 57



Picture of the Week:



The Week in Review:We had a great visit with grandparents! We spent a big part of Saturday putting the world back together. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it!


Introduction into The Society: Good, True and Beautiful--WELCOME to the fam!


1.    Tell us a little about your blog (name/reason why you blog): 


My name is Sharon and I blog at Good, True and Beautiful, a small corner of the blogosphere that captures the crazy thoughts that run through my mind.  It was gonna be either blogging or therapy, and blogging was cheaper.  When I think about it, I’m amazed at how sharing little pieces of my life leads to friendships and buddies all around the internet.  So, now I’m addicted to blogging -- guess I’ll need that therapy after all.

 

2.     How long have you blogging?  


I wrote my first post on Feb 3, 2009 (that also happens to be my husband’s birthday - it’s the gift that keeps on giving).  Initially I started a blog thinking that it might be a way to make extra money for our family - since I’m now consistently earning in the low double-digits, we can all agree that it was a real savvy business move.   I’m good like that.

 

3.    How would you define THAT family?  


THAT family has the ability to laugh at itself.  I think there is something contagious about not taking yourself too seriously.  It certainly has helped me get through some of the rough patches of motherhood.  I mean, no one tells you about the re-hydrating power of raisins – you just have to realize that joy for yourself.

 

4.    When did you discover you were a part of THAT family?  


I started getting a suspicious on the day when our hot water heater broke and I had to prepare for lunch with my pastor.  And my thoughts drifted here a time or two as I was watching an episode of The Waltons while eating my chocolate ice cream (with rainbow sprinkles).  But the truth was undeniable when I had to confront the cancer-sniffing powers of my toddler.  Of course, when I confessed it to my sister she said “I could have told you when you asked for the bread maker.”  I guess I’ve been in denial.

 

5.     Where can we find your blog?  


Head on over to Good, True and Beautiful  but be warned:  my impeccable sense of fashion might be a bit overwhelming.



blog comments powered by Disqus