I closed my eyes and relaxed as the hair stylist washed my hair (the best part of a haircut!)
She stopped, her hands still in my tangled hair. I squinted open an eye. She leaned in and said in a quiet voice,"You are a lucky woman. Do you know how much your husband loves you?"
My face posed a question mark.
She answered, "I cut your husband's hair last week and you were all he talked about. You should have seen the way his face lit up talking about you!"
I smiled and warmed at her words. Until, I recognized the longing in her voice and the loneliness in her eyes. It's a look I recognized, the one of a woman who isn't loved well.
This was the second time in recent days, someone commented on my husband's love for me.
"He talks about you. I see love in his eyes when he says your name. He is proud of you."
I feel unworthy of such adoration and remarkable love from my spouse. But it's a true reflection of His love for God, and God's love for me.
The love of a man is reflected in a wife's face. Her steps are lighter, her burden is eased. She scowls less and laughs more. Every wife needs her husband's love.
I asked my hubby to tell me what makes him love me so well.
Five Reasons a Man Loves His Wife
(This is what I heard):
- A man who loves Jesus naturally loves his wife. A wife who loves her God is irresistible.
- A man who is respected by his wife loves her deeply in return.
- A man loves watching his wife care for his children.
- A man who is heard and listened to by his wife finds her intriguing and desirable.
- A man who is satisfied talks about his wife when she isn't around.
Tell me: Are you a loved woman?