Wednesday

WFMW-Back to School Themed Edition

*UPDATED* with winners! Congratulations to Se7en and Amber Wiggens! You won the gift certificates for DaySpring's Inspirational Back-to-School line!


August is typically deemed Back to School month. Whether you homeschool, send your kids to public or private school, at some point, they have to go back.

Because it's the law.

And that's what I tell my kids when they won't get out of bed!

My kids, especially my laid-back son, are slow in the morning. I feel like I'm a drill Sargent barking orders, "Make your bed, brush your teeth, where are your shoes?" all while eyeing the ticking clock.

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine suggested "Morning Cards." It has made a huge difference in our morning routine. 

Here's an example of what's on ours:
  1. Brush your teeth
  2. Make your bed
  3. Get dressed
  4. Fix your hair
  5. Eat breakfast
  6. Put your lunch in your backpack

Before my kids could read, I would print out pictures and paste them to index cards. As each item was completed, they turned to the next card.

Now, I write the list on a white dry erase board in a high traffic area.

When I see them wasting time or dawdling, I just point them to the board.

It's really eliminated me telling them what to do with every breath. I've also let them get a tardy or two under their belt, to let them know that it's important to be on time.

Morning cards work for me!

I'm happy to announce that TWO random WFMW participants (linkers) will win $25 gift certificates to shop DaySpring's Inspirational Back-to-School line! There are folders and journals, pencil pouches and pencils-all inspiring your kids to do their best!

Everyone who links a post is eligible. I'll announce the winners tonight when I close down the linky.

Thank you for joining me for WFMW! {You can read the guidelines here.}

Have a Works-For-Me Wednesday tip you'd like to share? I'd love for you to join us! Please note that the links will close at 9 pm CST tonight, in order to keep away the spammers!

Was your link deleted? Click here.

blog comments powered by Disqus