Thursday

My Hubby Rocks {Even When He Doesn't}

So. Sometimes, my hubby irritates me. 

{WHAT?? Oh, the SHOCK!}

Yep, it turns out I'm human.

I hope you're not too disappointed.

My hubby and I love each other. We are deeply committed to one another. We've faced some harrowing battles in our 15 years and fought against Hell itself to be where we are today.

We are in a good place. But we still get on each other's nerves at times and even push one another's buttons.  

The other day my hubby made me furious before he left for work. It wasn't a big deal. It was just one of those little idiosyncrasies. And I was grumpy. Lethal combination.

Later as I dressed, without thinking, I put on my pink shirt.

Everywhere I went, people commented. "Wow, you must really love your husband." "What a great shirt." Several women even said, "I would never wear a shirt like that. My husband is a jerk."

I thought about our rocky morning, laughed at the irony of my thoughtless dressing and thanked God.

I am not perfect. My spouse isn't either. But even on the tough days, I can be thankful. 

There is always something to be grateful about.

I have a man who loves me. He loves God and our children. 

He is a hard worker, selfless in so many ways.....

He rocks. 

Even when he doesn't.
**********************************************

One of the top searches that leads people to my blog is

help me love my hubby
a love letter to my husband
love wife and husband

There are so many women living in unfulfilling marriages. I don't know whether you find yourself content or confused in your marriage today. At some point, you've probably been both. 

Marriage takes hard work. Don't give up. FIGHT. Woo him. Pray. 

I truly believe that my marriage isn't any more remarkable than yours. One day I will tell our story in full. But today, know that it is only by God's grace that we are thriving. 

Let me encourage  you to choose love. Choose the road less traveled, the one that doesn't pick him apart, tear him down, destroying his confidence. 

Because your hubby rocks. Even when he doesn't.

blog comments powered by Disqus