Friday

DIYP-Painted Plates

I found three unpainted wooden plates on the clearance aisle of Hobby Lobby earlier this summer for around $2 each. (I can't remember the original price, but I know I saved a pretty penny). 


Which is the best kind.

I really didn't have a plan for the plates, but on an especially long summer day last week, I drug them out and asked my kids to paint them.


Red. 

And suddenly the sun was shining brighter.


I used my can of chalkboard paint that keeps on giving (seriously, I've had the quart for 3 years!) and painted the inside of the plates.


I bought plate hangers from WalMart for $1-ish each.


I decided to hang them in my kitchen above the window sink.  I wrote the three letters that are very close to my heart: E-A-T


And I love them!


My friend at The Eck Life suggested I put "J-O-Y" on them during the holidays!

What other three letter words would work?

Check out Kimba's for more DIY projects!

blog comments powered by Disqus