Monday

It's Official: I'm All That and a Bag of Chips!

In a rare stroke of Techy brilliance, I figured out why my blog was taking 100 seconds to load.


I think I've gained 7 pounds in the last 30 hours.

Yeah, I need to get a life and some patience.

These are the things I'd wait 100 seconds for:
  • Sweet Tea in the Chick Fil A drive thru
  • Ed McMahon to hand me the check
  • Cookies to cool.  Okay, maybe, I don't mind a burned tongue
  • My child to fall asleep in the car
  • My name to be called for an hour massage
  • Using the bathroom in the proper place (but seriously, I've grown three kids on this bladder, I can't wait much longer!)
  • Vomit on my carpet to be cleaned up in hope that my hubby would do it!
Yes, that's about it.

But 100 seconds for a blog to load?  It would be hard for me.  So thank you to those who did today and yesterday.  I love ya for it and it helped me thru the dark hours.

*Update*  If I'd known so many others were having issues, I would have felt better, I mean, felt sorry for you too!  I took off Blog Flux from mine which maps your readers, but I've heard that Twitter has been causing problems too.  And then again, Blogger had a server down today.  It's multiple choice!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that was like, maybe all of ten seconds to load. much, much improvement. so what was the problem?

Marcy Massura said...

WHAT was the problem?Everyone on Twitter is ready to switch to WordPRess...we were all having problems! WHAT IS IT?????

Anonymous said...

HA HA! you have such a great sense of humor!!!

Tonya said...

too funny!

World's Greatest Mommy said...

For you...I'd wait 200 seconds.

I was having issues, too, and not handling it well.

Heather said...

As one of the last 2 people on the planet to still have dial-up, I never noticed that you were slower than normal to load. I always just put in your address and go find something else to do for a while, like play solitaire with a deck of 51 :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kristin :)

It feels soooo good to finally overcome!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I was wondering what was up. ;-) Glad you fixed it! :D

Valarie Lea said...

So what was the problem??? My blog has been acting stupid the last couple of days. Could it be the same thing, or is blogger just being stupid?

Loraine said...

Your blog is worth waiting a 1000 seconds for....

Today we saw a sign at Mc Donald's advertising Sweet Tea... you popped into my mind immediately.

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Was it Twitter? Twitter was making my blog take forever to load, I removed Twitter and it made all the difference.

Yours loaded nice and quick for me.

United Studies said...

Sweet tea is always good.....especially when you are in the South. Us northerners can't make it like the Southerners.

Unknown said...

Well, mine and other's for me were taking WAY longer than 90 seconds! I finally just got so frustrated I didn't even try any more! Thank goodness it was on THEIR (bloggers) end and not mine!

Happy Mommy said...

Blogger must have been having major trouble yesterday! I am glad to be back I have missed you!

Miss Erica said...

I waited for you, but I'm glad you fixed it, All That. And you've got a bag of chips AND a cup o' sweet tea to go with. Although I feel kind of funny saying it 'cause I've never had it...but you love it, so I'm using something you'll understand.

Alexia said...

Ditto the previous dial-up comment :) Except for I put together an online jigsaw puzzle while I wait!