Saturday


  • God and Adoption-Please read this post. It was so thought-provoking for our family. We are weighing the cost of international adoption against child sponsorship and asking God to lead us... I don't know what we'll do, but we will do something. (Thanks Robin, for sharing this with me).
Here's the one I bought my daughter (but I wear sometimes) from a Kenyan woman who made them to support her family:

  • A few weeks ago, a sweet blog reader emailed me and asked me to pray for her baby in utero, Reagan Grace. She wasn't doing well. I told I would pray and encouraged her to start a blog, so the world could carry her burden. She started a blog...in her daughter's memory. Please help me pray for this young military family as they struggle with their great loss.

8 comments:

heather_straus said...

Speaking of sweet tea...I just made your recipe for some company last night, who are picky about their sweet tea, and they LOVED it! I had to keep refilling their glasses! Thanks for the recipe!

Katie said...

Adoption has been on my heart for a long time now but the costs involved and where I am in life right now are big barriers. I'm going to read your link and think more on it. :)

Anonymous said...

You know, those necklaces are a great idea!

Olivia said...

I posted about a similar necklace recently. I haven't bought any yet, but I can't wait to!
http://suchakingdom.blogspot.com/2010/04/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

Alexia said...

I just got the two I bought from Katie this week - they are really neat! Longer than yours and alot more beads (super colorful too!). My boys stole them from me LOL

I'm just amazed that they make the beads out of magazines! I would not be patient enough!

Shaun Groves said...

Thanks for the encouragement and linkage, friend. Thinking about you often. TexMex on me next time I'm in the neighborhood, OK?

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thanks so much, Kristen... anytime a body of believers can gather to discuss such an important topic, good things happen. We don't all agree, for sure, but we are all thinking. And I believe that pleases God.

Jelli said...

I´m so grateful that you post these, as I´ve come to learn a great bit about life through these links. I especially loved the ¨sex cafĂ©¨link a few weeks ago. For a few years, God has really spoken to my heart about working with trafficking victims and in organizations poised to prevent and aid those most likely to become victims. Though I haven´t yet found employment (or missions work) in the field, I´ll keep searching,as Husband and I are eager to get back into missions. Thanks a million.