*UPDATED with Winner*
Congrats to Tasha! (please email me!)
Our big road trip of the year is over. The last suitcase is put away (but the laundry is never done, right?) We had a wonderful time and I'm getting plenty of use out of my home traction device. Thankyouverymuch.
Here are a few things I learned on our trip and thought I'd pass along with the upcoming Christmas holidays:
- Bring a cooler in the car with drinks.
- Tuck snack food into a box or bag for munching while riding (but not while driving...did you know this is the cause of 80% of traffic accidents?)
We stayed in a very fancy hotel the night after the cruise (courtesy of my smashing hubby's win from his company!) As soon as we walked in the door, this greeted us on the counter:
Snacks, expensive snacks, courtesy of the hotel. $8 for a bottle of water? $4 for a bag of M&M's? No thank you.
(I covered the whole box of food with a box, so little hands wouldn't be tempted!)
- Pack plenty of water
- Make sure you prepare for spills with a roll of paper towels
- If your traveling for more than one night, pack a separate bag with a change of clothes for everyone so you don't have to drag in ALL of your suitcases (this helped us so much)!
- Never, ever under any circumstances, buy your child a noisy souvenir.
Thanks to Viva, a lucky reader is going to win a $50 Visa gift card for their next trip (or Christmas or whatever you choose!) Just share a travel tip in the comments!
This post was sponsored by Viva Towels. For fun, fork-free recipes – including videos – and snappy entertaining ideas, get over to the VIVA® Diva Café