Thursday

The Best Pie in the World


I should know.

I happen to be an authority on why I can't lose 5 pounds.

So there's that.

I actually Googled 'best pie in the world recipe' because I wanted to take my sister's family (including my new niece from Ethiopia) something special.

I'm not above earning affection thru food. 

Here's the recipe, copied directly from here:

The Best Pie in the World:
(also known as Toasted Coconut and Pecan Caramel Pie)

Of course, I didn't bake mine exactly like the recipe because I couldn't find my 1/4 measuring cup and had to estimate on the butter and guess on the coconut amount. You could say there was some serious 'eyeballing' going on.

Oh. And I doubled the nuts.

I like to live on the wild side.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping

DIRECTIONS: 

In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add coconut and pecans. Toss well, and saute until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell. Sprinkle 1/4 of coconut mixture over each pie. Drizzle 1/2 of caramel topping over each coconut layer. Follow with remaining cream cheese mixture, then remaining coconut mixture.
  2. Pies may be served chilled or frozen.
    Anything with that much caramel on the inside is a gift from God. Amen.

Y'all. I cannot tell a lie. It is good. 

That's why I made two.

For more great pies, visit Tidy Mom's Pie Party!



blog comments powered by Disqus