Thursday

Clinging to the Old in a New Year

It's a New Year.

I like the feeling of new things.

I like the new smell of a car and the feel of new clothes on my skin. The euphoria that new brings, delights us.

I think this is a great time for new beginnings, fresh starts and decisions resolved in our hearts.

But I think I'm going to focus on the old during this new year.

I think our world, the church, my life has focused so much on the new, we've left behind some pretty important things from the past.

Sometimes, I just want my world, my faith, my church to return to the simplicity of The Cross.
The Bible. Heaven. Hell. Sin. Forgiveness. Love.

I decided to do something different this year, strange to many.....

(You can continue reading this guest post at Internet Cafe Devotions)

(Scroll down for Sincerely 'Fro Me to You)

blog comments powered by Disqus