Sunday

THAT Family Tree Society-Issue 1


I've had some THAT family moments this week: Ants marching 2 by 2 carrying off crumbs and my toddler to their hill; another ER visit (make sure you warn your children when the floor is wet); and this sentence actually came from my lips in a parenting moment, "We do not head-butt others or sniff other people's arm pits."

And just so I don't feel so alone in my moments, I'm going to feature a random member of the THAT Family Tree Society, every Sunday! Tracey from IPost is lucky number one.  Lucky is a relative term in this club. She submitted this post: Burp, Fart, Cough, Hiccup, Boogies and Vomit.

I seriously cannot relate, as we have never done the things in that title. Well, at least not in the last 2 minutes.

1. What is the name of your blog? Why?
The name of my blog is Nine Acres- 20 Miles North of Nowhere.  I chose this name because about 3 years ago my family (me, hubby, 2 kids) moved from the suburbs to a small rural farm in Northern Maryland.  Lots of crazy stuff goes on here and while the blog was originally a place to keep my family and friends up-to-date on the goings on in our world, it quickly grew into something larger.  Now I blog because I am addicted to it and get grumpy if I don't.

2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for about 3 years.  I switched url's in January of 2008 for personal reasons, so I don't have archives dating back 3 years.

3. How would you define THAT family?
THAT family can mean many different things.  For example, it can be the family that always has *drama* going on.  Or it could be the family that sticks out in the neighbor hood for one reason or another.  But no matter why you are THAT family, it is a family that sticks together.

4. When did you realize you were a member of THAT family?
The first time I truly realized we were THAT family is when I accidentally cracked my son's head open on the corner of a door frame while playing a tag game.  He was 4 and my daughter was 2.  I was home alone when it happened and, of course, my kids were filthy and bare foot in clothes that were sadly not fitting very well.  It had been one of *those* days.  And there was no time to make ourselves presentable for society.  So, when we arrived at the hospital for stitches, we were the sight to see!  You know,  dried snot plastered on faces from all the tears, filthy clothes from  playing outside, knotty hair, barefoot, etc.  And that was just me, you should have seen the kids! ;0)

5. Where can we find your blogging home?
You can find my blog at
http://findingbeautyinmosteveryday.blogspot.com  I know my url doesn't match my blog name and it drives me crazy, but I am reluctant to change it for fear no one will find me!

Thanks for pulling all of THOSE families together!

If you'd like to join the THAT Family Tree Society, grab the button on the sidebar. If you'd like to have your blog featured, you can read all about it here.

As you're reading this, our family is leaving for Family Camp.  We're driving this.  Honk if you see us.



At least we warned them THAT family was coming!



15 comments:

Marcy Massura said...

You mean to tell me there are MORE 'that families' out there? Oh lordy. I was hesitant to join...but all this sounding very familiar....

That was a great interview.

Um, how do I get on board this 'society'?

The Fritz Facts said...

I wish I could see you...I would honk away!

Such a great interview! Loved it!

KWolfAK said...

Thats so awesome that you put that on the back window of your car!

Unknown said...

Love the car! That would be my family! I can't believe you were up this early to post this on a sunday! What am I saying. . I'm up this early on a Sunday!

Simply Shannon said...

I just love the car! So cute!
I will totally wave if I see you, which I doubt I will, so I'll just wave anyway from right here in my bedroom. Have a fun trip!

Threeundertwo said...

Great idea to interview members of that family tree. I love your car. Hope you have a great trip that provides lots of blog fodder! (In a good way)

Lori said...

It's fun to learn more about you. I really enjoy your blog and am excited to share it with others! Take care.

Happy Mommy said...

I hope camp goes well! I want to go to camp how fun! I hope no one gets hurt or anything, I'll pray for you I now how it is, cause we are THAT family to...

World's Greatest Mommy said...

Thanks for introducing us to new families!

It's a blast knowing that I'm not alone!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Thanks for posting all about my family! And I was traveling back from vacation today and totally would have honked had I seen you. I may have been so excited that I might have run you off the road. So, maybe it is a good thing I missed you!

Hugs!

Alicia said...

That was a great post. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hop over to my blog! I left you a surprise!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I will be back to get the blinkie since we are SO THAT family. I choose beauty and bedlam to share not just my beauty moments, but the realistic bedlam moments each post.

Tales From the Eurovan said...

We left for vacation on Saturday. Wish we would have seen your car on the road, too funny!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Ooh! Dang it! Forgot to send you my answers to those questions - d'oh!

Off to visit Tracey's blog!

Teapot said...

It is nice to read things where I can relate and laugh at the same time. Thanks for posting.
Ashley